Meda Pharmaceuticals charged SmithSolve with increasing visibility of its prescription nasal spray in a crowded market of seasonal allergy medicines, with dozens of branded, generic and over-the-counter options.
- Design a credible and newsworthy campaign to educate allergy sufferers and introduce them to the brand
- Break through the noise in a competitive media environment with multiple campaigns vying for attention
SmithSolve secured a branded sponsorship with the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA) and re-energized their Spring Allergy Capitals™ campaign in a modern and integrated way.
Our work included:
- Created a new AllergyCapitals.com microsite with prominent brand recognition
- Capitalized on media interest in severe weather patterns that could amplify allergy season
- Involved leading allergists in announcing the campaign in local markets
- Produced media materials and resources and equipped the sales force with educational tools
The Allergy Capitals campaign eclipsed all other allergy-related media coverage. Brand mentions of the product in the media outnumbered competitors 50 to one, and the campaign coincided with an increase in both prescription volume and market share. Based on impressive results in spring, Meda extended its sponsorship to AAFA’s Fall Allergy Capitals™, generating sustained brand visibility.
- 1+ billion media impressions
- 198,000+ unique visitors to Allergy Capitals.com, double of the prior year
- 33 national media stories
- 487+ original media stories
- 15,000+ Facebook interactions